The following describes the Cyber Essentials certification process.
- Your Cyber Essentials package will be automatically fulfilled on your account on our IT Governance Cyber Security Portal (CS Portal).
- Log in to our CS Portal and confirm your details. You will be required to provide the email address and mobile phone number for the person responsible for completing and submitting the SAQ.
- We send you access details for the IASME Cyber Essentials portal via email and SMS message.
- We contact you to arrange any consultancy support you may have.
- You define your scope and complete the SAQ.
- Confirm all answers provided in the assessment have been approved at board level or equivalent. Signed confirmation will be required.
- The assessment is marked by one of our Cyber Essentials assessors, who will provide feedback with the result.
If the result is a ‘pass’:
- A Cyber Essentials certificate will be issued for you to download from the IASME portal, along with a copy of your assessment and branding information on how you can display your certification mark.
- If you opted for free cyber insurance and qualify, you will be contacted directly by IASME and the insurance provider.
- The Cyber Essentials certification process is complete, and your certificate is valid for 12 months.
If the result is a ‘fail’ or ‘more information’:
- Review the feedback provided by your assessor. If you have purchased a Cyber Essentials package that includes consultancy support and you have support time remaining, one of our cyber security experts can help you understand how to address any non-compliant areas.
- You have two working days to resubmit your updated SAQ along with a newly signed declaration approved at board level or equivalent.
- If you receive a second fail you will need to buy a new package and complete the process again.
- You have six months from purchase to complete your application, after which it will be archived automatically by IASME and you will need to purchase a new package to continue.